Monday, September 28, 2009

Pay It Foward Twitter Style

I’ve created a personal challenge for myself and whether I succeed for fail is in up in the air until 4:00 PM EST tomorrow.

A friend of mine said he could get 2,000 new followers on Twitter by morning. I said I didn’t think it was possible due to the fact he’s not a celebrity. He coached me some in the 3 necessary steps it takes to feat such a task.

  • Way to get followers number 1
    How many people to you follow?
  • How often do you engage to the people you follow?
    ....way number 2
  • Way 3, you find a way to link yourself to a person like that
  • Actively discuss your community, region, industry
  • Does the term hash tag mean anything to you? Or trending topics? Or #ff- it stands for follow Friday where people recommend other people to follow

Yup this list is taken directly from our Gchat convo. So I’m pretty new to this whole thing, the twitter thing, but I just don’t see how a normal person can get such notoriety and so many fans in less than a 24 hour period- so again, I’ve challenged myself.

Let’s see how viral we can get this and see how many new followers I can get in 24 hours (I’ve stretched my timeline a little). I’m not necessarily aiming for 2,000 because it’s just little ‘ol me we’re talking about, but seriously I’m going to be engaged and updating up the wazoo.

Every hour there will be an update on the number of followers I’ve gotten. Between the hours of 11 PM- 7:00 AM I will be sleeping. Overnight should be interesting.

Pass it forward and let’s see how many WE can get!

No comments: