I can’t help but rant and rave over Spike Jonze’s film adaptation of the beloved children’s book Where The Wild Things Are! I first heard about this no more than 2 weeks ago and as excited as I was, didn’t understand how they would do this- were they going to use real actors? Animatronics? Puppets? The reliable YouTube quickly came to my rescue. Before my eyes I saw sneak peek of the film which I became fascinated with as it looks to be very promising, endearing, and whimsical. CLICK HERE for the official movie website and trailer! (P.S. the song in the trailer is Wake Up by Arcade Fire)
A huge sense of nostalgia came over me as I watched the clip. I remembered the book from when I was young and having both my parents and teachers read it to me. What a wonderful book that discretely tells us about the psychoanalytic story of a child's anger.
We might do things that make our parents angry and there may be consequences for it, but at the end of the day all we wanted was to be home and our parents left us hot supper even if we’ve been sent to our room without it :)
I never had that happen, but one time my mom said I wasn’t allowed in her bathroom anymore after overflowing the tub with bubbles and not turning the water off- I can use her bathroom now anytime I like. I also never had quite the imagination that Max has.
Unfortunately, we have to wait until October 16 to see the film. There is no doubt in my mind that the amount of excitement that will brew over the next couple of months will surely make this film a huge success!
No comments:
Post a Comment