Such a fun question I heard on the radio today that I want to write about here! If you’re in a relationship that ends and your ex-partner moves on… What's Worse? Being dumped for someone hotter or less attractive than you? (in your opinion).
Or do you simply not care? It was fun to hear people call in and give their opinion on the matter. As such here is mine :)
I think when a person moves on and starts to date another person we don't have any say anymore...You don't have to stop caring about the person in a romantic way, but you shoudln't have an opinion about who they’re with. If I were to see someone I used to date with someone prettier than I was I'd probably think "wow good for them", but if I saw them with someone who I thought was less attractive than me I’d probably get a little ego boost out of it. Kind of say to myself “that person couldn’t do better”- I’m not going to lie that doesn’t sound nice, but sometimes we don’t think nice things. Obviously looks aren’t everything- may be the person your ex is with now has a better connection with them than you did or could ever have…
But again I think once a relationship is over and one or both of you have moved on- you shouldn’t care who that person is dating and shouldn’t get mad or offended if that person is with someone who is better or worse looking than you.
Thoughts?! I’d love to hear them!
Or do you simply not care? It was fun to hear people call in and give their opinion on the matter. As such here is mine :)
I think when a person moves on and starts to date another person we don't have any say anymore...You don't have to stop caring about the person in a romantic way, but you shoudln't have an opinion about who they’re with. If I were to see someone I used to date with someone prettier than I was I'd probably think "wow good for them", but if I saw them with someone who I thought was less attractive than me I’d probably get a little ego boost out of it. Kind of say to myself “that person couldn’t do better”- I’m not going to lie that doesn’t sound nice, but sometimes we don’t think nice things. Obviously looks aren’t everything- may be the person your ex is with now has a better connection with them than you did or could ever have…
But again I think once a relationship is over and one or both of you have moved on- you shouldn’t care who that person is dating and shouldn’t get mad or offended if that person is with someone who is better or worse looking than you.
Thoughts?! I’d love to hear them!
6 comments:
Stop Caring? Can you ever really stop caring? It makes you human to care. There are a couple kinds of people...the kind of people who pretend that something can go away so quickly--that your ex gets a new bf and you should stop caring right then and there, and then there are the kind of people who pretend all feelings can EVER go away entirely and that you move on... and then there are the people who will admit that love is kinda like a chalkboard. Things get written, and wiped away, but there will always be that little shadow in the background, that if you squint and turn your head just right, you can make out some of the letters. These are the people that admit that there can and will, always be reminders...And that's what I think. When a guy loses the girl he truly loves he has to go forward, because what else CAN he do? Move on to the find the girl he will always love the 2nd most...
Awesome comment! Although not the theme of the post, I think I could use this for a future one :)
Love & Timing... hmmmm <3
Well...If the ex happened to be an absolute douche-bag prick that exed out in a horrible manner (you can think of all the ways guys make this possible) : then I sure hope the next girl he dates is not only a used-to-be-cute but now BUTT-UGLY slut... but she better be a controlling, manipulative, naggy, spiteful bitch who has no friends so she always hangs around him, yet cries into hissy fits if he ever thinks of seeing his friends. Their sex life will suck, too, and he will wish there was a bag over her head. She will make his life a living hell and make him wish karma didnt come back to bite him in the ass. And then SHE leave HIM.
If things ended well, mutually, respectfully, or even just trickled away: then I wish him all of the best in finding a beautiful, intelligent, funny, cool, wholesome lady who can be a close friend and the love of his life. They will be the perfect mates and be able to talk about any problems that arise empathetically, have mutual understanding between them, and be able to grow together in love...and then conquer world peace.
Haha.
How do you like that, renee? ;)
i love all comments! COMMENT AWAY!
I think as long as neither you, nor your ex, are dating another person for the sole purpose of make the other jealous... than whoever the new person is doesn't matter.
For me, personally, I find it difficult to be 'friends' with ex-lovers... so if you're not meant to be together romantically, move on from each other permanently... or drink - whichever works.
My blog: http://howtobedolce.wordprss.com
I think as long as neither you, nor your ex, are dating another person for the sole purpose of make the other jealous... than whoever the new person is doesn't matter.
For me, personally, I find it difficult to be 'friends' with ex-lovers... so if you're not meant to be together romantically, move on from each other permanently... or drink - whichever works.
My blog: http://howtobedolce.wordpress.com
Post a Comment