Within the last year I’ve noticed at every birthday I have attended the same thing is repeated… “WE’RE GETTING SO OLD!” When did 23 become old? The majority of my friends are 23 and 24 and I’d really like to know why all of a sudden this age complex has been shoved in our faces.
Despite being called a “grandma” by my dearest guy friends, I find it hysterical and don’t mind. Sure I’m not 18 (‘eh hem), but I don’t think I look 23 and a lot of other people don’t think I do either. I know some people, like my sister ,who don't like having their age mistaken as younger than they are. You should be happy that people think you’re younger than you are.I want to look 35 when I’m 50 and 50 when I’m 65. I don’t mind looking young and because of it I guess I don’t mind being the age I am. I mean think about it, except for a few exceptions none of us are getting married anytime soon. In fact most of us have a good 4-6 years before that even happens, may be even longer for some.
It’s an inherent trait of any living being, they get old. But considering I plan on living to be 104, I’m not even a quarter done with my life and have a long ways to go, so I’m not really concerned. We’re in our early 20’s and not even our mid-twenties or late twenties yet- we’re young.
We all have a lot more living to do before we even think about settling on a job, city, or person. Believe me when I say it’s not an easy thing to be patient and let time go by when at times you want so much for your future to begin now.. Although we’re not “kids” anymore, we’re not adults either, so this life limbo we’re hanging out in for a little bit we should enjoy and thrive in… but most importantly, we’re not old :)
2 comments:
Nice pep talk grandma but lets face the facts here, you're old...sorry
I don't feel old hollllla!
Post a Comment