Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Round 1 Goes to the Girlfriend...

Sometimes on the weekends or over a holiday break the nightly activities in apartments picks up with parties, later nights out, etc. I face the front of the building and sometimes wake up to drunken laughing, yelling or loud music. People in my apartment building are pretty respectful so the noise never lasts too long or is too loud that you can’t just fall back asleep. Sometimes I choose not to go back to sleep- I can’t help it and eavesdropping is not a good thing, but sometimes when couples fight (in drunken rants) I can’t help but to listen.

Scenario 1 happened on a balcony somewhere above my apartment. Normally when I hear people talk I quickly close my eyes and return back to sleep, but when you hear WHY DON’T YOU JUST COME INSIDE I DON’T GET IT ITS COLD WTF ARE YOU DOING? it’s like little antennas pop out of my head and I have to try and listen.

If you’re broadcasting your voice loud enough for people to hear, especially on a balcony where noises echo, and have woken me up because of it, your argument becomes my newest bedtime story. It seemed the gf was visiting her bf in his apartment where he was hosting a small gathering. She had gotten restless of him being on the balcony with his friends and wanted him to come back inside. Although I couldn’t see I pictured something like this…

The guys are just hanging out doing their own thing. The girl shimmies outside onto the balcony and is standing there hovering around the bf and his friends, arms crossed and rolling her eyes, not really trying to socialize but coax her bf into coming back inside with her- you all have seen that! At that point I don’t know if the friends left the balcony, but the conversation became a twosome.

WHY DON’T YOU JUST COME INSIDE I DON’T GET IT ITS COLD WTF ARE YOU DOING?
I DONTKNOW WHAT YOU WANT IM WITH MY FRIENDS!
WELL YOU CAN COME BACK INSIDE AND HANG OUT WITH EVERYONE!
I WAS HANGING OUT WITH EVERYONE...
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS- GOD DAMN YOU ILL GET YOU ANOTHER DRINK SHUT THE F UP. (that was a curse word, but i'm trying not to use profanity)
SHHH... GOD!

After that their voices lowered and I couldn't make out any more of their argument and was not about to become a peson to actually get out of bed and slide my window open to hear more.. that's inappropes. Looks like the girl won since shortly after the SHHH, the two went inside as the voices stopped. It's half entertainment have mystery- trying to figure out what they're saying, all and all it provided a short couple minutes of entertainment.

I know I know, totally inappropriate and really immature, but sometimes when I hear couple fight, especially after drinking the conversations sometimes are hilarious. I know for some people drinking heightens emotions and sensitivity- its happened to all of us at one point- but the next time you decide to dish it out in the open, just remember anyone can be watching or listening hmmm…?

No comments: