Thursday, January 8, 2009

For Me...

During my 10 day winter “staycation” I discovered something extremely important. I am not meant to sit in an office for 8+ hours a day. This didn’t come as a shock to me since I always feel 10x more productive when I work from home and am able to get some personal errands done as well. Working from home is the corporate way of saying “we’re really giving you the day off, but please check your emails occasionally through out the day and if something does come up make sure to get it done ”. I’m sure most of us feel like we could accomplish many of our day to day work tasks from home and don’t see the real need to commute into work everyday. I’m a do’er. I like being out and about and working with different people. I’ve become bored with my job, I see more for myself.

So in an effort to jumpstart the vision I have for myself in terms of what I want to do for a living I’m going to create a business plan and blueprint. Call it crazy/silly/neverland mumbo jumbo, but when I’m a 27 year old millionaire it’ll make more sense why I chose to create this plan 4 years prior.

I will be my own boss. I will have my own schedule. When I’m done with work I’ll take the rest of the day for myself. Europeans got it right- human beings are not meant to work this much, especially with how the pace of life is presently. I don’t live to work, I work to live and make money so I can pay my bills, go out with friends, and sometimes splurge on things I don’t need.

I grew up with 2 working parents who still work ‘til this day. They both love what they do and are both their own bosses. They’ve set a standard that I will surpass for myself. I don’t see how I could possibly want anything else for myself. YAY ME!


I found this... I really like it... I want to buy it!
P.S. I'm still waiting for the Blizzard of '09 to roll through!!!

No comments: