It’s kind of one of “Those Monday’s” that just makes you laugh. It started at 2:00 AM when I couldn’t fall back asleep. At least I assumed it was 2:00 AM, I didn’t feel as though I had been asleep for hours and hours. I wasn’t groggy and probably had the equivelant of a cat nap. I didn’t fall asleep until I’d say 4 AM. I didn’t look at my alarm clock knowing I’d just get more upset thinking about how my body was keeping itself up for 2 hours- and for what?! I really did want to sleep, my problem is when I’m up, I’m up and there’s no forcing me to bed.I woke up in the usual fashion, got myself ready for work, made lunch, grabbed some bread to make toast and was on my way. The commute wasn’t bad and I made my way up to the 7th floor. I put my lunch in the kitchen refrigerator and sat down. I noticed that it was considerably warmer and the air was stagnant. It was like being on an ocean with no breeze or wind in my sails. Ew… and what a day today- 94 and sunny! Oh yes the AC was broken and there was no air flowing in the entire office building. I thought to myself,
Oyy, well no worries, building maintenance will fix it eventually, hopefully in the morning hours so everyone doesn’t end up sticky and smelling like nachos.
I go to make my toast… DING! I take a small corner bite and it’s fine. Then I go in for the big bite and notice the toast doesn’t taste like toast… The toast tastes like how a wet and dingy laundry room might smell. SPIT SPIT SPIT into a tissue and plopped into my trash can.
I look at the bottom of the piece of toast, it doesn’t look completely right… the coloring is a little off. I was lazy this morning so instead of grabbing 2 slices, I took the rest of the loaf (may be 6 more pieces) and brought the whole thing to work. I figured I’d just leave it in the office fridge with my name on it and use the rest of it. I took it out and look at the bottom- Hi MOLD.
UGHHHHHHH GROSSSSS, PUH PUH, BLAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I used a tissue to scrape my tongue off and wondered whether I'd be getting severe stomach cramps that would force me to go home and deal with this mess (nothing happened no worries).
Oh yeah , maintenance promised to fix the AC problem within 3 hours- by 1:00 PM, 3 hours later, still no AC. At least I depart in 1 hour :) But what a Monday. It’s Just another Manic Monday, OH OOOOOH OH!
Currently Song: Lets Stay Together by Al Green
No comments:
Post a Comment