Thursday, August 6, 2009

Suds & Dance Party for 1

I've been having some minor plumbing issues in my kitchen for the last 2 days. No biggie, the pipes under the sink needed to be tightened to stop a small drizzle drip from developing into pond - done and fixed!

Just doing my norm routine, when the dishwasher gets full I put the detergent in, set to normal wash, and leave my dishwasher to do the rest. And I did exactly that last night. I’m having a lazy evening and have decided that after sitting in bed I want the rest of my Oreo McFlurry. The gasp that came out of my mouth couldn’t have been more clear… Bubbles everywhere!

Standing there I thought of my two options:
1. Get upset at the fact that I’ve been dealing with kitchen woes for 2 days and I’m kind of tired and a little EH….
2. Get some wine, turn on some tunes and go to town with the bubbles.

OPTION 2 PLEASE!

It wasn’t anything to get upset over, sure it was kind of a pain in the butt, but they’re just bubbles right? I grabbed the towels (I went through 5 large towels and all of my paper towels), put on my rain boots, put on Michael Jackson's greatest hits, and got the wine!


Since I hadn’t done this before I didn’t know where to start. Clean the dishwasher first? The floor? I perched myself on a stool in the midst of the bubbly mess, boots securly on, wine in one hand, mop in the other thinking of my plan of attack, and then it happened… Black or White came on and I was in.

I put my wine down and went straight to work on the bubs. I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun cleaning bubbles and my kitchen was somewhat overdue for a good mopping.

I took a small break, broke out some dance moves, sang a bit, and then got back to work. All and all I’d say it took me about 45 minutes perhaps… and it was just what I needed to finish my day. There really are such simple, silly joys to living by yourself :) Lisa and Lynz wish you could have been there!

And you’ll love this:
Song Currently Playing- Black or White by Michael Jackson

P.S. My Pandora is set to the Jackson5 station hence the Motown, J5, and MJ tunes mentioned regularly.

No comments: