Ok so some of you, not many, know that for the past 2 months I went on a “spending freeze”. Basically what this meant for me was I laid out all of my monthly bills and then took a specific amount for entertainment (eating, drinks, movies, shopping, etc.) Anything that wasn’t a necessity had to fit within my allowance.The first month was really hard trying to figure out how I was going to survive, but at the end of the first month I realized how easy it was and how it just became a part of my routine. I have no idea where all of the other money went that I wasn’t saving- well actually yes I do, but I can’t believe how I just allowed myself to frivously spend… anyways not the point.
The point actually is the fact that I cut out a friend- I stopped buying coffee, which in turn made me stop drinking coffee. Needless to say it's been a couple of weeks, but this past weekend I got a hold of the java goodness and have not been able to stop drinking it.
Nope, I’m not running out to Starbucks, but I can’t wait to get to work and get some coffee in me. Or get home and brew a fresh pot. I worry just a bit because this morning I actually was craving coffee. Whether it’s decaf or not it just tastes good. I guess the caffeine has gotten a hold of me, and slowly I know I need to cut back already. I’ve gone through this before where I drink tons and then back off, the headaches start rolling in as soon as I do.
This mornings first tune: I Want You Back- the Jackson 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment