Valentines Day is coming up and you bet your bottom dollar there are people out there who are dreading that very lovely Saturday. Why is it that people get so upset on Valentine’s Day? Aren’t there another 364 days to show your love/admiration/affection for someone?And just because you may not have a valentine doesn’t mean you have to sit alone on your sofa, watch The Notebook, guzzle a bottle of wine and cry yourself silly while occasionally getting up to go look in the mirror to actually see how hard your tears come streaming down your face. Don't do that.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I haven't had a Valentine the past couple of years :p- Not to say I don’t think it’d be awesome to have a person to spend it with, but it's the not the earth shattering disappointment it once was in 8th grade :) For some people VDay puts a lot of unnecessary stress on their lives:
Girls: “OMG WHAT IS JOHN GOING TO GET ME?- DO I EVEN HAVE A F*ING VALENTINE?"
Boys: “I BETTER DO SOMETHING GOOD OR SALLY SUE WILL GET MAD AT ME! BALLS!"

Totally unnecessary. I’ve heard many stories about people/couples getting into fights over Valentines Day- seems a little paradoxical considering it’s the day of loveeeeeee. But really if you do take Valentines Day that serisouly, do yourself a favor STOP... relax and just enjoy it. Don't set your expectations to high and through the roof. Just be happy you have someone to spend it with- isn't that the whole point?
AND if you don’t have anyone to spend it with go out with friends :) This year VDay falls on a Saturday so go out with your crew and share in the friend love (don’t be pervs).
So what would this 4 year non-valentine vet do if she could- and perhaps a good idea for you too? Stay in, order a pizza, grab some beer and have your valentine come over. Afterwards, head out and meet up with friends- you can bone later :) Spreading the love, one blog at a time! XX. Happy Pre-Valentines Day!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment