Thursday, October 15, 2009

Weird Week

Do you ever have one of those weeks where you just feel that things are going to be a little off?! This week was one of those weeks. Tuesday my boss decided to go a little psycho in the office and yelled at me- I got a little upset and sensitive, but carried on. Tuesday afternoon my lender from SunTrust called to let me know my settlement for Wednesday was pushed back from 945 AM to 245 PM to wait for one more document…. Hmmm…. Don’t you think he should’ve had everything complete prior to settlement?

Settlement day arrives and I’m anxious about getting my new set of keys J It’s been a long 2 months and I’m more than ready to sign away and get into my new home. My mom and I go to lunch and we have a couple of missed calls and some emails from J at SunTrust. J lets us know that he still doesn’t have everything ready.

I’m normally a very calm person, roll with the punches, and do what you can. However when it comes to something as significant as buying a place to live I amped up the ‘tude a bit. We went to meet my agent for the final walk-though and everything was ok. At the end of the walk-through my mom, dad, and my agent are sitting in the lobby calling J. J lets my agent know that he doesn’t think settlement will happen today- that’s not really an option considering even though the bank F’d up it defaults back to me, so technically the seller could take my deposit and walk away from the deal.

We decide to go over to the title and escrow lawyer office and meet with the sellers and see what can be done. The President of Suntrust and head of SunTrust mortgage had both been called regarding the situation- and POOF everything seems to be going through perfectly.

20 minutes becomes 45, which becomes an hour, which becomes another 20 minutes and so on. Finally at 6 PM we’ve decided J is a liar and clearly didn’t do what he needed to. The sellers are long gone and have basically signed their condo away to me without receiving their check. Crazy pants right?!

I drove home and surprisingly wasn’t frazzled by the whole thing. I was still nervous but after 5 ½ hours of hide and seek with the banks paperwork a bath and Campbells chicken noodle, double noodle, soup was all I needed.

I got into bed, closed my eyes and got a good ½ night’s sleep. Sometimes there are just days and may be a week that just don’t fall into place, but they always work themselves out. TG tomorrow is FRIDAY!

Today at 5 my mom and I will walk through the doors of Paragon Title and Escrow and our stack of papers waiting to be signed will be there for us. I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited to cramp my hand signing paper and paper before.

It's been a while since I posted anything, but I think it's funny how my last blog was about having a weird day.

No comments: